Thursday 12 April 2012

I thrive on routine.

I'm a routine person. My days are routine. I control what I can. I make lists. Lots of lists. If something changes. I stress.
My morning followed it's routine.
I woke at 5.30am with my husband to go to work.
I made him breakfast and coffee. Elijah Woke.
I made him breakfast. I made hubby lunch.
He eats lots of lunch!
I made my breakfast, I like it soggy. So while I wait, I do the dishes.
Just when I was about to eat my soggy breakfast hubby lets out a horrified scream "he's pooed! and he's trying to eat it!"
This is why I have routine.
Normally. Elijah wakes and I get him up. I change his nappy. And we carry on.
This morning. Elijah wakes and hubby gets him. And we carry on.
See the difference? That key change in routine.
Elijah always poos first thing in the morning. Hubby didn't change his nappy. Elijah had a full nappy from the night. Elijah's nappy exploded.
6.10am Hubby left for work.
Mummy grabs Elijah tries to (not so graciously) take his pj's and nappy off without being covered in poo. I put him in the shower. Lucky he loves showers. Nappy in bin. Clothes rinsed out. Floors mopped and disinfected. Elijah out of shower. Elijah dressed and to bed.
40 minutes of morning was out of routine.
When I finished cleaning my soggy breakfast was too soggy. My coffee was cold.
I was tired.
I don't have day sleeps. Never have. Not even with little bubba.
No Elijah's sleep time is my cleaning time. Or facebook. Or online shopping. Or now blogging.
I like to clean. Oh who am I kidding no-one likes to clean. I feel the need to clean. And have a clean house.
So While Elijah slept I decided to vacuum and mop the floors. And clean my shower.
And now I am writing this. Because my day has been thrown out of routine and it's only 7am.

No comments:

Post a Comment